Sage 200 Evolution:
Pay only for the functionality you need with a range of cost-effective add-on modules.
Sage 200 Evolution is built with a wide range of features and functionality, complemented by a number of add-on modules.
The cost-effective range of add-on modules cater for industry specific needs and seamlessly integrate with Sage 200 Evolution core financial. Rapidly deployed, these modules allow for a scalable, flexible and robust management tool for a growing business.
The A-Z of Sage 200 Evolution add-on modules:
ACCOUNT CONSOLIDATIONS (Linked Accounts)
Separate invoicing of customer branches
Integrating with Customers/Receivables, this module allows for the separate invoicing of branches with the added functionality of printing one customer statement at a consolidated head office level. This is particularly useful when you wish to keep track of a group customer with a head office, or where you need to capture sales made to the individual branches, but then present a consolidated statement to your customer’s head office.
Generating recurring invoices
Annuity Billing integrates with both Customers/Receivables and Inventory and provides for repetitive or recurring invoices on a daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis. You can specify contract periods, design recurring invoice templates or simply set up base amounts to be charged to your customers periodically. It is a flexible module that allows you to customise it according to your specific requirements.
BANK STATEMENT MANAGER
Populate your cash book electronically after bank statements have been imported
This module allows for the cash book to be electronically populated when a bank statement is imported where large volumes of transactions are processed. Once verified, the information can be updated to a cash book batch and then to the general ledger.
The advantages of using this module include the instant processing and coding of accounts once the initial process of assigning recurring coding has taken place; and the process of reconciliation and account coding is virtually guaranteed. Another benefit exists for transactions where the codes have been assigned as per the relevant accounts. Codes need not be assigned a second time – only new transactions have to be coded in the months to follow.
BILL OF MATERIALS
Create assembly sheets detailing each component making up the completed item
Designed for the manufacturing and assembly environment, this module allows you to create assembly sheets (or Bills as they are commonly known) detailing each component making up the completed item. Completed items can be manufactured before they are sold or you can simply invoice the completed item and Sage 200 Evolution will manufacture the item on-the-fly, where-upon the sub-components will be drawn from stock. You can manufacture items in a single operation or, for more complex manufacturing and for processes that occur over a significant time period, you can work on an open manufacturing process over time.
Reporting for the Bill of Materials module includes:
- An audit trail;
- Material requirements to determine whether there are sufficient components on hand to manufacture;
- Components used in Bill of Materials / Kit Item Codes to track inventory items (components) allocated to a finished inventory item (manufactured product).
** See Manufacturing module.
Optimise operational efficiencies and control within organisations which have legal entities in multiple locations
Branch Accounting simplifies and streamlines business processes and transactions between these entities. Allowing for bi-directional synchronisation and consolidation of data, information can now be shared, consolidated and saved on both the centralised system at head office as well as at branch level, ensuring all financial, inventory and pricing data is always up-to-date and consistent across branches.
Product prices can be changed at head office level and automatically pushed to all branches. Branch Accounting includes the ability to transact at local level even if a connection or virtual private network becomes unavailable. In addition, any potential loss of data due to fire or theft will be kept to a minimum, as regular consolidation and replication will house data at head office over and above any off-site backup processes. Data for a particular branch can be restored and sent to the relevant branch within hours of the loss.
Sage 200 Evolution Branch Accounting will assist to increase productivity as a result of simplified transactions, and minimise potential errors with once-off data capturing. Full visibility is provided into business activities with the complete audit trail, which details transaction histories for the head office per branch.
Main features of Sage 200 Evolution Branch Accounting:
- Centralised and Decentralised Accounting.
- Document numbers and transaction types per branch.
- Ability to merge data to the head office database.
- Reports consolidated by branch at the head office.
- Global and local Customers and Suppliers.
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) as a communication protocol.
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE WITH SAGE INTELLIGENCE REPORTING
Gain insights into your business with our automated Excel® reporting tool
Utilising Microsoft® Excel®, this reporting tool revolutionises the way you make decisions in your business, and is available as Standard or Advanced editions. This module dynamically links to your Sage accounting data, taking your business beyond standard reporting functionality.
Analyse trends and make more informed business decisions using a tool you’re already familiar with: Intelligence Reporting delivers reports in Microsoft® Excel®. Use your existing Microsoft Excel knowledge to easily write and edit reports, giving you instant visibility across your business.
Sage Intelligence Reporting offers a customisable pack which provides drill-down functionality. Customise the standard set of reports and templates, and create new ones. Greater flexibility is provided with the combinations of financial data you choose to report on. This module includes Management Packs (Balance Sheet, Income Statement), Sales Master (Sales Reports), Inventory, Purchasing options, and more.
Sage Intelligence Reporting empowers you to:
- Spend more time focusing on analysis and interpretation of your information and less time pulling the data together.
- Generate spreadsheets by simply extracting data and converting it into an easy-to-read, graphic format.
- Design customized reports that suit your unique requirements. Customise a ready-to-use report or simply create one from scratch using this powerful reporting tool.
- Have instant access to ‘live’ information and that last minute journal no longer impacts your Excel reporting.
Sage Intelligence Reporting gives you:
- Complete control over your finances:Leverage the flexible reports to manage your finances better and ensure your business succeeds.
- Software that suits your business needs:Intelligence Reporting is scalable; you can add or remove users, companies and reports to match your business’ needs.
CREDIT RISK MANAGEMENT (Credit Control)
Manage your customer credit risk through a step-by-step process
Integrating with Customers/Receivables, Sage 200 Evolution Credit Risk Management module assists you to assess a customer’s credit-worthiness before granting them credit. It will generate the credit application form and run the data through a scoring system giving you a credit-worthiness result on your potential customer. A passing score will see a new account being opened. A failing score will request guarantees or security against granting credit.
It will also generate standard legal documentation based on the type of business you are operating. The following documentation, amongst others, is included:
- Terms and conditions of sale
- Credit application forms
- Both “soft” and “final” demand letters
- Power of attorney forms
CONTACT MANAGEMENT – PREMIUM
Integrates all business activities providing you with a holistic view of your business
While the core system contains basic incident tracking, Sage 200 Evolution Contact Manager (CM) Premium is an add-on module containing more advanced features. Some of these features include workflow processing, contract invoicing, Microsoft Outlook Integration, as well as:
- Sales Force Automation: Sales Force Automation allows Sales Managers to track sales pipeline on individual sales people. Sales force automation also makes use of the working calendar in CM, every interaction with client can be created as an incident and these can be used in the sales process. SFA gives companies the ability to track closure rates and time taken to close deals.
- Calendar: The calendar organizes your company time management. Incidents can be prioritized by date. The calendar also allows you to integrate incident priorities with employees’ availability.
- Escalations: One of the most compelling reasons to use CM is its ability to ensure that incidents are dealt with in acceptable timeframes. Taking too long to respond to a customer complaint (or incident) could be damaging to your company. Escalations allow you to design a flow of responsibility for various incident types that is automatically triggered after a specified time.
- Incident Graphs: View incidents graphically (bar charts) per user, per incident type, per incident status and so on. Graphical representations of incident information give a birds-eye view of your business activities – perfect for management. You can even drill-down by clicking on a particular area of the chart to see the underlying detail making up the chart.
** This module can be purchased as a stand-alone product.
DEBTORS MANAGER (Cash manager)
Get serious about getting paid and improve your debt collection process
Sage 200 Evolution Debtors manager module is a debtor management system suitable for any business in any industry seeking to optimise the debtor collection process.
Debtors Manager has been designed to instantly implement tracking and control in your debtors collection department. Unlike other products which tend to focus on the macro level, this is a hands-on practical system that automates the daily control of the debtors book, and creates reports to monitor debt collection progress, staff performance and accurately forecasts cash flow.
With Sage 200 Evolution Debtors Manager module you can turn your debtors department into a communication centre which will allow you to see how many calls the collectors have made and the content and outcome of those calls. With ready to run debtors management reports for outstanding invoices, you can determine why the amount is outstanding, when it will be paid, what has been done and what still needs to be done.
Collectors will be able to confidently provide debtors with accurate reconciliations, contact reports, as well as a list of outstanding invoices immediately, and not have to first compile a specific report for each debtor. As you are able to track trends for non-payment such as service level issues, action can be taken to correct the situation in order to collect the moneys due thereby reducing the risk of write-offs.
How does the Debtors Manager module work?
Quite simply, the module pulls through the Age Analysis from Sage 200 Evolution. Your collectors will work from the Age Analysis and record information in just two places. By clicking on the amount in the aged period, the collector will see all invoices that make up the balance. Per invoice, or per aged amount, the collector then records the information such as:
- The Promise to Pay date.
- The Reason Code for the customer not paying. These reason codes are customisable. Reasons such as, POD Requested, Cash Flow Problems, Price Dispute and more have already been created, but unlimited Reason Codes can be added.
- Expected Amount to be collected.
- Action still to be taken. Actions are also completely customisable although Actions such as Call Customer Again, Copy Invoice Requested and more have already been created for you.
Users can mark the amount if the required action has taken place. They can mark the amount if they need to do a Call Back and then specify a Call Back date. The only other place they need to work in is the Contact area, where they can store the details of the conversation or contact with the debtor.
From only two areas of simple input, this module is then able to provide you with all the reports, such as the Contact report, Promise to Pay Fresh and Promise to Pay Stale reports, Call Back Reports, Reason Code Summaries, Action lists, Cashflow Forecasts and more.
Management of inventory deliveries
Businesses that manage large items or quantities of inventory items from invoicing to on premise deliveries can now easily manage their processes from dispatch to the customer. The Delivery module seamlessly integrates into Sage 200 Evolution’s Retail Point of Sale, Invoicing and Sales Order modules allowing for items to be flagged for collection or delivery at time of sale. All items flagged as delivery are updated electronically into the Delivery module where the warehouse manager can then control the dispatching of inventory.
Main features in Sage 200 Evolution Delivery Management:
- The management of Inventory deliveries;
- Confirm partial deliveries and cancel deliveries;
- Search by invoice number, delivery method, item code or description;
- Generate delivery notes and re-print delivery notes;
- Generate reports on outstanding, partial and completed deliveries;
- Automatic delivery note sequence;
- Delivery note enquiries.
Manage and organise fixed assets within your business
Sage 200 Evolution Fixed Assets module helps you control your fixed assets easily, affordably and reliably.
The different methods of depreciation include straight line, reducing balance, immediate write off, units of usage, plant & machinery and equal allowance. Other key features include:
- Unlimited number of assets and multiple forms of depreciation
- Track unlimited number of Fixed Assets by cost centres or departments
- Multiple Asset Types
- Capex Budgets and Orders
- Capture Actual Picture of the Asset
- User Defined Fields on the Asset
As your company’s assets such as desks, computers, cars, machinery, etc. depreciate, they become obsolete, and keeping a register of your company’s fixed assets as part of its accounting records can be tedious and time-consuming. Sage 200 Evolution Fixed Assets module automates all these processes for you, managing the following tasks:
- Tracking each asset’s value, both from a tax and an accounting point of view;
- Depreciating assets correctly using an appropriate depreciation rate and method;
- Updating the replacement values of your fixed assets for insurance purposes;
- Accurately recording any sale, disposal or loss of assets;
- Maintaining an accurate Fixed Assets register which records information such as: date of purchase, date of disposal, purchase price, accumulated depreciation, net book value etc.
Once the initial information is provided, Sage 200 Evolution Fixed Assets takes over and manages your assets for you. One of the realities of fixed assets processing is that companies frequently change depreciation rules as legislation allows and as company policy changes. Some changes are retroactive to when you purchased the asset. Sage 200 Evolution Fixed Assets calculates its values dynamically from the start of each asset’s life, which makes retroactive changes simple. Imagine the time required to accurately program all this yourself into a spreadsheet?
** Sage 200 Evolution Fixed Assets can be purchased as a stand-alone product.
** Sage 200 Evolution Fixed Assets can be used in conjunction with the Sage 50cloud PASTEL PARTNER
INFORMATION ALERTS/ALERT MANAGEMENT
Increase staff productivity and streamline key processes
Information Alerts allows you to receive notifications based on a set of predefined criteria and take on a more proactive stance in dealing with exceptions in the business. Information Alerts can be configured to send out notifications to relevant users via e-mail or CRM (Contact Management) incidents.
These notifications can be set up to notify you on time-based intervals, daily, weekly or monthly. It comes with a set of predefined methods, which the business can utilise to define which criteria they would like to be aware of for example a client reaching their credit limit. An action can be for example a notification being generated and sent to the financial manager, who can then take action. The module currently supports Accounts Receivable and Payables, Inventory and Job Costing modules.
Allocate costs and measure the profitability of short to medium term jobs
This add-on module lets you invoice jobs to customers. A job card is more powerful than an invoice, because you can link more types of items besides inventory items in a job. For example, you can purchase an item directly for use in a job, and you can allocate employee hours from the Payroll module into a job. You can also invoice a job on a partial basis.
Create an unlimited number of job cards, with the ability to archive these for future estimates. Track labour costs from payroll time sheets and calculate transactions on a rate, lump sum, or percentage basis. You can allocate jobs to projects on a job card basis or a job line basis.
Track several units of a stock item using the same lot or batch number
Expiry dates and user-defined status allow you to further control stock items. Users can determine what can be purchased or sold by Lot Status. You cannot sell stock items that have expired. You can track items simultaneously by Lot Number and by Serial Number.
Track your manufacturing process with this module, an extension of the Sage 200 Evolution Bill of Materials module
Sage 200 Evolution Manufacturing module separates the manufacturing process into time periods where items being manufactured are transferred into Work In Progress and then into Finished Goods. In addition, this module allows you to:
- See a full audit trail of each manufacturing process;
- Draw stock at the beginning of the manufacturing process, and reverse any unused stock once the process is complete;
- Change a Bill of Materials without affecting an ongoing manufacturing process that uses the same Bill of Materials;
- Replace one or more components in an existing process if you need to, and then continue manufacturing with the new components;
- Create by-products in addition to your main manufactured item;
- Forward plan with the material requirements feature.
Process customer and supplier transactions in their currency
Sage 200 Evolution Multi-Currency module allows you to track foreign currency, customer and supplier values in both the foreign and home currency, and you can view balances and transactions in either currency at any time. You can also maintain separate buy and sell rates for each currency.
Sage 200 Evolution Multi-Currency maintains a history of exchange rates so that you can process transactions at earlier dates using the most accurate exchange rate. When you process customer receipts or supplier payments, Sage 200 Evolution uses the current exchange rate to calculate any foreign exchange profit or loss, which is automatically posted. In addition, Sage 200 Evolution Multi-Currency allows you to:
- Process and print customer and supplier sales and purchase documents in foreign currency or home currency;
- Print customer and supplier statements, age analysis and transaction reports using foreign currency or home currency;
- Process foreign currency cashbook transactions.
POINT OF SALE
A fully integrated POS module that meets the needs of SMME retailers for an end-to-end retail management solution
Sage 200 Evolution POS module has been designed for businesses with high retail volumes and multiple branch locations that require the flexibility of offline capabilities and branch retail independence.
With a centralised maintenance area which is controlled from head office, Sage 200 Evolution POS module is user friendly with a robust, keyboard driven application which is fully and seamlessly integrated with Sage 200 Evolution Accounting. Flexibility is provided by allowing per-till configuration with powerful reporting features.
Integrating with both Customers and the Inventory module, while addressing the practical issues you may encounter within the retail Point-of-Sale environment, the POS module contains the following features which can assist you with:
- Security parameters
- Tender types (cash, voucher, credit card and cheque)
- Flexible pricing
This module supports peripheral devices such as pole display units, cash drawers, slip printers and a bar code scanner.
Sage 200 Evolution Point of Sale offers the ability to generate sales orders, invoices and credit notes all from a single simple interface depending on user rights or security profiles.
Definable schedules for synchronisation eliminate any need for your branches to remember to send and receive data. The information flowing between head office and branches includes new product, price changes with start dates as well as sales and associated transactions to update Sage 200 Evolution Accounting.
Control and maintain purchases from branch level and inter-branch transfers (IBT). This ensures that goods sent between your warehouses are monitored and tracked, reducing shrinkage.
Main features in Sage 200 Evolution Retail Point of Sale:
- Quotes, Orders, Invoices and Credit Note processing.
- Receipting of debtor payments – Evolution debtors or external debtors systems.
- Multiple payment methods (split tendering).
- Maintaining and controlling of laybys and payments
- Unit pricing linked to volume sales.
- Line discount supporting both amount and percentage.
- Supervisor authorisation for unit price changes, discounts and Credit Notes.
- Printing of documents to multiple printers (Picking slips).
- Support for Windows printers and OPOS compliant POS printers, cash drawers and line-displays.
- Remote disconnected sites with scheduled bi-directional synchronisation with central POS database.
- Re-printing of all transactions.
- Barcode scanning.
- Automated integration process.
PRICING MATRIX (Volume discount)
Create volume or time-based price breaks and specify discounts by customer or group
This module adds great flexibility to Sage 200 Evolution’s standard pricing feature. With this module you can not only create volume-based or time-based price breaks, you can also specify discounts by customer or group of customers. In addition, you can design unlimited discount variations such as multiple discounts per customer per stock item, and discounts per stock group while having the ability to override discounts on processing invoices.
Manage purchase orders with a three-tiered process
The Sage 200 Evolution Procurement Module allows you to precisely manage the numerous purchase orders in your business and keep control of purchases either for internal purposes or specific projects.
The first tier is the requisition process where the purchase of an item or consumable can be requested and routed to a head of department for authorisation.
The second tier allows purchase orders to be generated based on configurable rules. Different levels of authorisations can be administered and setup. The procurement process also validates all purchases against budgets setup in the general ledger.
The third tier allows the purchase order to be converted into a goods received voucher to receipt the inventory items. Throughout the span of a requisition to purchase order completion, all movements or comments are logged against incidents in Contact Manager Premium. Workflows and Escalations rules can be configured to create efficiencies and automate processes ensuring that purchase orders are actioned on time.
PROCUREMENT – ADVANCED
Supply Chain Management software that caters for both operational functionality and statutory compliance
Supply chain management can be regarded as one of the most heavily regulated and aggressively audited fields in the public sector. Care has been taken to keep abreast of the ever-changing regulatory environment, ensuring compliance with PFMA, MFMA and PPPFA prescripts.
The Advanced Procurement module is a feature rich add-on module, seamlessly integrating with the Sage 200 Evolution core. It allows you to create and approve requisitions, request and evaluate quotations and place purchase orders with preferred suppliers. This module allows you to establish credibility in the market place with your respective suppliers and stakeholders.
Manage your requests for quotations from suppliers and allow the system to help you choose the most appropriate supplier quote based on criteria set up by you. Analyse your supply chain and manage your supplier’s performance on a rotational basis, by sector or specified supplier criteria.
Fully integrated with Sage 200 Evolution Contact Management all movements are logged against incidents. Workflows and escalations can be configured to create efficiencies and automate purchasing processes.
** For full Procurement functionality both Procurement and Advanced Procurement modules are required.
** This module requires the Contact Manager Premium Module
REPORT WRITER STATIONERY CUSTOMISATION
Customize standard reports per user as well as stationery layouts per user.
Integrating with all modules, you can change layouts, add and remove fields, and perform additional calculations or subtotals. You can even write your own SQL script for advanced functionality. The system includes a tutorial package that will guide you through the process of report writing.
SERIAL NUMBER TRACKING
A stock control module that tracks items from date of purchase/manufacture to date of sale
Sage 200 Evolution Serial Number Tracking allows you to individually track items. For example, if you sold an item that carries a warranty, you will need to know when and to whom you sold the item so that you know if the item is bought in for repairs, if it is still under warranty or not.
Integrating with Sage 200 Evolution’s core Inventory module, Serial Number Tracking keeps detailed information on specific inventory items. Each item is tracked uniquely providing you with absolute control over individual inventory items.
With Sage 200 Evolution Serial Number Tracking you can receive Serial Number Listing reports that provide you with key information regarding your items, such as where the current location of the serial numbered item is, the item code and description, the date of its last movement, the current general location in stock and the customer it was sold to.
The Serial Number Transaction report will show you all the transactions for a Serial Number, by reflecting one transaction per line. Each line will report on the following information: serial number, item code and description, transaction date and reference, the customer/supplier account code and its originating module.
Use the Serial Number Tracking Module with Multi-Stores and Bill of Materials modules. By using the Multi-Stores module, you can transfer serialised inventory items between stores. Use of the Bill of Materials module allows manufacture into serialised items.
Schedule and manage the servicing of assets within your business
If your business deals in the rental and servicing of assets, you may find it difficult to keep track of the customer letting, repair and maintenance process involved. Sage 200 Evolution can assist in streamlining these processes so that you can work more productively. Our Service Manager module gives you full control over the scheduling and management of any internal or customer service asset with the automation of service requests, tasks and timetables.